Apprentice Software Developer
Based at our headquarters in Leeds - closing date ongoing
Part of the Modine group of companies, Airedale designs and manufactures an extensive range of efficient, intelligent and flexible cooling solutions for a global market.
Airedale International Air Conditioning’s vision is to provide integrated thermal management solutions, differentiated through innovation and service.
Airedale is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative, high efficiency cooling solutions with a total customer focussed attitude. We manufacture in three continents and export to customers in over fifty countries, across commercial, industrial and public sectors.
Since 1974, our core business has been precision air conditioning. Today our customers also benefit from our extensive experience in chillers, IT Cooling, condensers, condensing units, comfort cooling and air conditioning controls software design and optimisation. We are specialists in the design of super-efficient, integrated cooling solutions that provide real end user benefits in reducing power consumption and operational costs. Applications include data centres, clean rooms, retail, leisure and process cooling.
Through our air conditioning service division, we are able to offer individually tailored service and maintenance contracts maximising resilience, uptime and system efficiency with 24/7 365 day support by qualified, highly skilled air conditioning engineers.
Working within the applications development team as part of a fast pace IT department the position is responsible for the day-to-day support and the on-going development of the bespoke applications developed solely in-house.
The position will gain experience working across the full C# .Net software development lifecycle from front to backend on desktop in-house applications and will receive external training along with mentoring from a close-knit cross-functional team.
The position suits a technical minded individual with the desire to embark upon a career within Microsoft driven development.
The ideal candidate will have good AS, A-Level or equivalent qualifications with some exposure to software development using object oriented programming be willing to learn new technologies.
You will have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable with group discussions across all levels of the business.
You will have a proven work history (full or part-time) in a structured environment (IT or software development work history is not a requirement).
- Support end users of the in-house developed applications, gaining a strong understanding of application maintenance and support processes
- Expand experience by working within the development team to test, develop to specification, and ultimately contributing to design in order to deliver business critical solutions
- Work with end users to identify opportunities for improvement of current and future applications
- Proven work history (part or full-time)
- Good mathematics capabilities
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Familiar with object oriented programming
- Familiar with C# .Net WinForms development experience
- Exposure to SQL DML or similar
- GCSE or higher IT related certificate(s)
- Good AS or A-Level certificates (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English.
This position requires minimal travel.
Submitting an application:
Please apply in writing with CV and salary details via post, email or by completing the below form:
Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd
Or e-mail email@example.com