Controls Software Engineer (Leeds)
Permanent, based in Leeds - deadline Friday 17th August 2018
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Controls Engineer to work as part of the Controls Department based in Leeds.
- Develop control system software and systems for Airedale HVAC applications and ACIS™ products
- Set up Controls products for Manufacturing
- Preparation of project work for site engineers’ schedule
- Completion of project documentation
- To be expected to adapt to the many diverse aspects of Controls
- To work closely with the New Product Development department
- Responsibility for the training and mentoring of new engineers and apprentices.
- Actively work with the support team to increase efficiency and achieve prescribed targets
- Be a focal point for contract customers. Helping to resolve any issues and develop our commitment to them.
- Work as part of the project delivery team
- Some site work may occasionally be required
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Hold a technical degree or have extensive experience within the field of controls/BMS
- Experience with programmable controllers:
- Carel controllers
- Trend controllers
- Tridium Niagara AX software and controllers
- Capable of understanding and designing control strategies
- Experience with HVAC application and knowledge of cooling and heating systems
- Good electrical knowledge and capable of understanding electrical drawings
- Have basic knowledge of IT systems and communication networks
- Knowledge of BMS/DCIM and common communication protocols (Modbus, BACnet)
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, Python
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving using own initiative is a must
- Have good written & communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to work proactively using own initiative
Submitting an application:
This position is open to individuals who are entitled to live and work in the UK. All offers of employment are made subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply in writing with CV and salary details via post, email or by completing the below.
Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd
Or e-mail email@example.com