An excellent opportunity has arisen for the position of Laboratory Engineer within the Research & Development department, working with a small team of skilled Laboratory Engineers in the Airedale R&D Laboratory tasked with both research and development prototype testing and customer witness testing. This role will report into Ben Jacques, Laboratory Team Leader.
The purpose of this role is to:
1) Rigorously test new product lines (and components where necessary) to both industry and in-house standards to ensure they are robust and fit for purpose prior to market release in an effort to minimise potential field failures in line with the Research & Development roadmap.
2) Assist in the completion of customer witness tests.
- Installing of product into the environmental chamber in preparation for testing.
- Operating, maintaining and house-keeping of applicable environmental chamber and accompanying plant.
- Testing of product/ components to industry and in-house standards.
- Assisting in the completion of customer witness tests in a professional and timely manner.
- Active involvement with/ support of product development projects.
- Identifying/ rectifying problems associated with products on test.
- Analysing gathered results.
- Producing high quality technical reports.
The successful candidate must:
- Have good attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have a professional demeanour.
- Be able to apply logical and rational thought to problems.
- Be able to work under own initiative.
- Be able to learn quickly.
- Be capable of managing time effectively and working to deadlines.
- Be capable of communicating effectively with both internal personnel and external customers.
- *Possess the knowledge/ be competent in the skills required to identify and rectify problems associated with products under test:
o Electrical fault finding
o Refrigeration circuit diagnosis etc.
- *Be competent in the skills necessary to install a product in preparation for testing:
o Evacuation and refrigerant charging
o Electrical safety etc.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, primarily Excel and Word.
*These skills are desirable but not essential. Where the candidate does not possess these skills training will be provided.
Submitting an application:
To apply for the role of Laboratory Engineer, candidates will need to submit a cover letter and up to date CV to Jen Best in HR by Friday, 19th January 2018.
Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd
Or e-mail email@example.com