Module 2: Air conditioning, Installation, Commission & Maintenance (May 2020)
Ideal for engineers entering the installation and commissioning sectors, as well as engineers wishing to build on their existing knowledge of AC-R systems gained in Module 1.
3 days - 09.00-15.30
13-15 May 2020
The course takes place at our Leeds Road facility, LS19 6JY.
Installation of AC systems
- Health and safety requirements
- Regulations affecting installation
- Site requirements
- Pipework and duct sizing and design for refrigeration and chilled water
- Pipe installation
- Methods of jointing and fitting including brazing pipework
- Practical installation and system testing
- Commissioning a refrigeration-based system
- Commissioning a water-based system
- Measuring and balancing air flows in ducts and free-flow units
- Refrigeration and chilled water systems
- Measuring and balancing water systems
- Correct system operation
- Understanding of controls operation
- General fault-finding on refrigeration based systems including cause and effect
- Correct recording of information
During the three days of this course, students will learn the requirements for safe installation, pressure testing, charging and leak testing of refrigeration systems using fluorinated gases. The course will cover both installation and commissioning with the final section considering the maintenance requirements for refrigeration and water-based systems, including scheduling, record-keeping and legislation.
Some prior understanding of the basics of AC-R is assumed. On completion students are awarded an Airedale certificate of achievement.
Please note: this course is aimed at providing an understanding of the correct requirements for working on these systems but does not qualify the student to handle refrigerants. Under EU legislation operators must hold suitable F-Gas accreditation in order to carry out refrigerant charging, recovery, purchase and handling.
This course includes some classroom theory with much of the learning from practical group assignments in the workshop.
Price: £660 +VAT
Including tuition, materials, lunch and refreshments.
Previous training participants
Organisations such as BT, Ministry of Defence and Virgin have sent individuals on our training courses. Here’s what our delegates have to say:
“Good course content, informative and practical in terms of job role.”
Power Maintenance Engineer, BT