Airedale Cloud Diagnostics™ is a remote HVAC monitoring and diagnostics platform developed for predictive HVAC maintenance in mission critical applications and multiple site HVAC systems.
Airedale Cloud Diagnostics is a highly secure, military grade system that is deployed on your sites to collect and collate data from critical HVAC equipment. Data is seamlessly transmitted to our sophisticated cutting edge cloud diagnostics engine to enable anomaly detection, giving you predictive HVAC maintenance insights. This prevents small problems from leading to equipment failure.
Airedale’s extensive field experience has been leveraged to bring HVAC maintenance into the digital world. Using leading-edge data science and IoT technology, our controls teams have developed powerful diagnostic tools that include a ground-breaking refrigerant leak detection algorithm.
Hover over the image to see the components
How it works
A Solution allowing HVAC products to be connected, monitored and analysed via a secured communication channel to the Airedale Cloud Diagnostics cloud.
Offers live dashboard and alerts, ongoing performance analysis & predictive maintenance.
Ad-hoc user interface or “Smartboard” visualizes real-time data.
Ability to analyse performance of unit over time using machine learning techniques.
Ability to recognise “failure patterns” and warn the user of a potential failure before it happens.
If a drop in performance against operating conditions is detected, this will act as an early warning system for the customer/maintenance team to investigate further.
Often refrigerant leaks aren’t detected until too late, at which point an engineer is called to site to find a non-operational system. If we can catch this earlier by detecting small losses in performance or changes in the power profile then the benefits are huge in terms of environmental impact, operational impact and overall cost savings to the end user.
The ability for connected units to be able to learn from and compare against each other utilising intelligent unit modelling means that the performance analysis techniques continually improve and get stronger over time.
In our tests we have been able to detect refrigerant leaks as small as 5% of total refrigerant volume instantaneously, we are now gathering data to qualify the smallest leak.
The system will judge the unit’s performance on a variety of factors – for a refrigerant based cooling system for example superheat, sub-cool, suction/head pressures, water flow/airflow are all analysed for deviations against “normalised” behaviour, however the overall output of the unit such as cooling duty/capacity, efficiency, power consumption against its operating conditions are all considered instantaneously and over time as well.
Security is important in all parts of the solution.
Gateway/ Data aggregator
• An additional optional RS485 port is available to communicate with Airedale’s units, for additional security and segregation in extremely sensitive applications.
• Data stored and saved in the internal flash memory is encrypted and data cannot be retrieved even if flash memory is removed and analysed
• Local and remote access to the gateway is only available via pre-authorized personal SSH public keys and it is provided to Airedale personnel on a need-to-have basis.
Better product selection
• Users configuration and access is via a dedicated software tool called “Access Manager”
• Each user is assigned a dedicated personal login, role and association with one or more groups
• A role based access model (i.e. engineer / data scientist / operator) provides access to relevant tools
• Groups (e.g. sites for one customer) are fully segregated and access is only allowed to users that are part of the group.
• VPN encrypts communication between the gateway and the remote server, using the latest encryption technology
• Firewall blocks any access from and to the gateway which hasn’t been pre-authorized
Easy to install, with intelligent algorithms and continuous improvements to data models, Airedale Cloud Diagnostics puts the power and the data in your hands via live dashboards with visual analysis.
Early detection of refrigerant leaks and anomalous behaviour is instantly reported; minimising downtime, increasing efficiency and reducing maintenance costs.
Interested to learn more? Get in touch with our team using the form below, and book a demo.
Book a Cloud Diagnostics demo
Choose a time on the calendar below and our Controls team will send you a video meeting invitation