CIBSE Approved CPD Courses
Airedale offer a selection of tailored, CIBSE approved air conditioning CPD courses, using our expertise to help you on your professional journey.
CPD Course Training
Subject to demand, Airedale will tailor courses to specific needs. Individual sections can be taken from any of our courses to provide training on specific topics. Some of our training involves practical work, and these courses are generally held at Airedale’s training centre in Leeds. Other courses can be provided at your premises. A selection of approved courses are listed below, but feel free to contact us to discuss your needs:
Data Centre Advanced Cooling Technology
Energy EfficiencyA short course (approx. 45mins – 1 hour) exploring newly released data that shows energy savings of up to 44% (or 800 tons of CO2) can be achieved by applying advanced technologies to traditional air-cooled systems.
- How to cool the internet without warming the planet
- Introduction to study & methodology used (baseline, figures)
- Full load analysis - energy use, PUE, CO2, free cooling ambient
- Part load analysis - energy use, PUE, CO2, free cooling ambient
- Analysis of results - CRAH, chiller & controls enhancements
- Cost benefit analysis
F-Gas Level 1 (Legislation & A2Ls)
F-GasA short course (approx. 30mins – 1 hour) providing a full introduction to F-Gases and the legislation and issues surrounding them, updated for 2022. Gain an understanding of flammable refrigerants and the future of F-Gas.
- An introduction to refrigerants and Global Warming Potential
- Phasedown legislation
- PFAS legislation (proposed)
- A2L refrigerants
- EN378 changes
- Supplier challenges
- Technical considerations
F-Gas Level 2 (Global Implications & Alternative Refrigerants)
F-GasA short course (approx. 30mins – 1 hour) providing a deeper dive into F-Gas legislation, including PFAS and the alternative refrigerant landscape.
- Global refrigerant legislation
- Proposed PFAS legislation
- Legislation in Europe, North America, APAC
- Closer look at alternative refrigerants
- Impacts and next steps
Ecodesign: Chillers and Tier 2 CPD
Ecodesign: Chillers and Tier 2Airedale’s popular Ecodesign CPD has been updated for 2021, taking into account the move to Tier 2 for Lot 21 products. This presentation focuses on chillers.
- Ecodesign overview
- Ecodesign in HVAC
- Phasedown issues
- Ecodesign metrics and minimum standards
- Tier 2 and required manufacturer data
- Ecodesign enforcement: What to look out for
HTM 03-01 (2021) – REVISED GUIDELINES CPD
HTM 03-01 (2021)A one hour CPD summarising the revisions and offering information for mechanical AHU design, whilst considering the implications, shortcomings and potential value engineering solutions. This course is aimed at consultants and facility management teams, involved the HVAC supply chain.
- Introduction to HTM’s and the tenets of healthcare ventilation
- Analysis of the HTM 03-01 requirements for AHU’s
- Review of the revisions from the previous standards
- Consideration of value engineering options
CPD: BS EN 1886:2007
BS EN 1886:2007This CPD will assist attendees understand the difference between model box and real unit testing and cover the testing and classification criteria of BS EN 1886:2007, before going into greater detail on mechanical strength, casing and filter bypass leakage, thermal performance, acoustic performance and fire & safety recommendations. This course is aimed at consultants and facility management teams, involved the specification, testing and/ or maintenance of air handling units in public buildings and commercial spaces.
- Introduction to BS EN 1886:2007
- Mechanical Strength
- Casing and Filter Bypass Leakage
- Thermal Performance
- Acoustic Performance
- Fire and Safety Recommendations
Energy Efficient Design of Air Handling Units
This course is aimed at consultants and facility management teams, involved the specification, testing and/ or maintenance of air handling units in public buildings and commercial spaces.
Topics covered include:
Fee: Free of charge
Optimising Data Centre Cooling System Performance Using Dedicated Controls Platforms
This course is aimed at anyone involved in specifying chilled water systems and associated controls in large data centres.
Topics covered include:
Fee: Free of charge
Data Center Chillers
- Introduction to data centre chillers
- Evolution of DC cooling
- Chiller fightback
- Designing a data centre chiller
- From the ground up
- Enhanced free-cooling
Need more information? Contact us.
Air conditioning & refrigeration courses are run at our state-of-the-art training centre in Leeds, UK, providing delegates with the perfect environment to learn, develop and grow their air conditioning and refrigeration skills.
Airedale provides a technical support helpline operated by fully trained, highly experienced air conditioning and refrigeration engineers who are dedicated to answering customer queries for the lifetime of your equipment.