iChill Screw Chiller and Multi-Function Heat Pump
iChill™ is Airedale’s inverter screw compressor chiller and multifunction heat pump solution. It is part of our more sustainable range of cooling and heating solutions, offering efficient performance with low and lower GWP refrigerant options, with the option of partial heat recovery.
Available as cooling-only or multi-function heat pump
SEER up to 5.42
Optimised for R1234ze and R513a
Reduced sound levels
Flexible and scalable
Optimised for low GWP refrigerant R1234ze (GWP 7) and lower GWP refrigerant R513a (GWP 613), iChill delivers excellent efficiency, versatility and performance.
iChill is suitable for both comfort and process applications and is available as a cooling only chiller or multi-function heat pump, offering simultaneous heating and cooling operation.
These units offer reduced sound levels; at partial load the sound level of a unit with variable speed screw compressors is reduced by −5 dB(A) compared to units with fixed speed screw compressors.
Units operate with an in-built sequencer which allows for up to 6 units to be added to the master unit, delivering flexibility and scalability to our customers.
iChill delivers SEER of up to 5.42 on our most sustainable R1234ze range, and an EER of up to 3.18, with an SEER of up to 5.39 on our R513a range, and an EER of up to 3.32 making this a sensible, sustainable option.
- Inverter screw compressors for flexibility and efficiency
- Suitable as a cooling only chiller or multi-function heat pump
- Optimised for low GPW refrigerant – R1234ze (GWP 7) and R513A (GWP 631)
- SEER up to 5.42
- EER up to 3.32
- In built sequencer allowing up to 6 units to be added
- Reduced sound levels
The inbuilt, pre-programmed controller offers:
- Automatic compressor capacity adjustment to match heat load
- Optimised compressor and fan power to minimise overall power consumption across the whole ambient year
- Constant superheat via EEV control
- Variable supply water temperature control. In comfort applications, the design setpoint increases at lower ambient temperatures to offset additional building heat loss
- Variable flow – pump speed is managed to maintain Delta T and provide energy savings
- Compressor rotation for equal run hours
- Multiple acoustic configurations
- Refrigerant leak detection
- Integrated hydronic assembly, system tank, partial heat recovery
|Chiller||Capacity||Max EER||Max SEER||Refrigerant||Compressor Type||Circuits|
|EXC High Efficiency R1234ze range with soundproofing||204 – 1056kW||3.18||5.42||R1234ze||Screw compressor||1 – 2|
|EXC High Efficiency R513a range with soundproofing||294 – 1423kW||3.32||5.39||R513a||Screw compressor||1 – 2|
|Multifunction R513a with soundproofing||523 – 990kW||3.11||5.18||R513a||Screw compressor||2|