500kW Precision Air Conditioner for large Colocation/ hyperscale data centres
This 500kW model of the multi award-winning SmartCool™ precision cooling range has been developed to meet the increasing demand for ultra-efficient, large capacity precision cooling systems in colocation and hyperscale data centres.
In the European co-location and hyperscale data centre market, uptime and energy efficiency are absolutely critical to success. Marginal gains in this arena can be the difference.
The XL edition of the multi award-winning SmartCool™ precision cooling system has a cooling capacity of up to 500kW, giving increased benefits of economies of scale to large data centre operators. SmartCool XL has been developed to meet the increasing demand for ultra-efficient, large capacity precision cooling systems in the European Colocation and hyperscale data centre market.
With more cooling for less space and power, SmartCool XL delivers powerful cooling, whilst allowing more space for IT equipment and contributing to low PUEs. When matched with an Airedale free-cooling chiller, Smart Cool XL can typically offer up to 98% free cooling in most European data centre hubs. It’s intelligent helix™ control system ensures its power is intelligently applied, saving energy and flexing with its environment
Features & Benefits
- SmartCool™ CW delivers up to 30% more cooling kW/m² when compared with competitor units, keeping footprint to a minimum to free up premium IT space.
- Matching a SmartCool free-cooling model with an Airedale International dedicated free-cooling chiller can help avoid full mechanical cooling for up to 98% of the year, helping data centre facilities deliver best-in-class PUEs.
- Large surface area coils and filters reduce pressure drops and optimise the air flow, delivering increased performance and reduced fan power.
- EC fans as standard, that respond seamlessly to load fluctuations and deliver excellent part-load efficiencies.
- Variable humidification uses up to 80% less power by reducing mechanical cooling and re-heat whilst maintaining precise de-humidification control.
- EER of 19.28
- Constant pressure control – adapts to changes in the room in hot aisle and cold aisle configurations
- Dynamic demand adjustment for precision control of temperature, humidity and airside (air volume, air pressure).
- Direct drive, speed controllable EC fans as standard for increased efficiency
- EC fans in floor void to make use of full height of the unit
- Extra low ambient cooling kit available as an option for temperatures as low as -40oC
- Durable construction guaranteeing safe and reliable operation for the lifetime of the product
HelixTM intelligent unit controls
The control system present in all our PAC products is an intelligent control solution, designed for critical applications where exact control of temperature and humidity is vital. Integral intelligent controls are ideal for resilient low, medium and high density data centre cooling to maximise uptime and optimise efficiency.
The pre-programmed controller contains a range of control parameters that can be individually modified, enabling a unit to be specifically configured to suit customer requirements
Integrated with a colour touchscreen user interface, Vu™
All SmartCool™ units are now integrated with a colour touchscreen user interface, Vu™, which further enhances your interaction with SmartCool’s intelligent helixTM control system.
Large surface area coils and filters reduce pressure drops and optimise the air flow, delivering increased performance and reduced fan
CW units within the SmartCool range are exempt from Ecodesign, as are DX units when applied in process cooling applications (i.e. data centres). DX units within the range used in comfort cooling applications are non-Ecodesign compliant >12kW. Please refer to your Airedale account manager for full details